Events This Week:
Thursday 28th August: Church meeting for prayer and Bible study in the hall at 7.30pm.
*10ofthose: Trinity is now linked with the Christian book shop “10ofthose”.
Click the image below to view the recommended books:
This is an excellent resource for purchasing Christian books at a discounted rate and their catalogue is extensive. You can access the site from our web page. When you enter the site from our web page, you will find a number of books I have recommended as being particularly relevant to us here at Trinity. Peter.
* August Sundays. During the Sunday morning Sermons in August we will be examining some big and difficult questions.
- Aug 31st – God, are you there?
These topics are sure to stretch and challenge our thinking. Be there and invite others to share in what the Bible has to say.
*Iraq. No one can have missed the terrible things which are happening to thousands of minority groups, including Christians, in Iraq. If you would like to help financially you can donate through People International and be sure your money will be used wisely. They have a special campaign page click here to visit and you can find other methods of giving at this page click here to visit. £70 will provide startup basics along with food and water for a family for a month. The Missionary Focus Group has forwarded, on behalf of the church, the sum of £500 from the Missionary Fund.
*Men’s Golf: The plan for the next three men’s golf events is as follows:
- Saturday 13th September, Tudor Park Maidstone
- Saturday 11th October, Seddlescombe Golf Club
Hopefully a little forward notice will enable you to play. Do let Stephen Dean know.
*Ladies’ Conference on Saturday 20th September 2014 from 10.30am to 3.45 pm at Manor Green College, Crawley entitled ‘From lesser to greater Blessedness’. For further details please see Marion McDonald.
*There is a conference at All Souls, Langham Place on Tuesday 7th October, 10.00AM-4.15PM for those who are interested in passing on the gospel to others at this challenging time. Prof. John Lennox is the main speaker and there are also a number of relevant seminars to attend. If you are interested in joining Peter Mawson, Stephen Dean and Trevor Weeks at the event, please speak to Peter ASAP as spaces will be very limited.
*London Women’s Convention on Saturday 11th October 2014 will be held at The Emmanuel Centre Westminster. If you would like more information, please take a leaflet from the front of the church. There is a sign up sheet available for the next few weeks, after which we will make a group booking.
* On Saturday October 18th, 9.00AM – 12.00nNoon, we are hoping to have a “Trinity Together” time. This will be open to everyone who attends the church to meet to talk and pray about how we feel the church is doing, and to think, discuss and pray about our future work. Do keep this morning free as this could prove to be a very strategic time in the church’s development and everyone’s involvement would be important.
Trinity’s new Facebook page can be found by clicking here
Trinity’s events calendar page can be found by clicking here
Next Sunday (31 August 2014):
AM Message: John McDonald
PM Message: Peter Mawson